RPAC & Issues Mobilization Fund
"If real estate is your profession, then politics is your business."
- Vicky Fullerton, Past NAR Regional Vice-President
RPAC | REALTORS® Political Action Committee
Since 1969, the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) has promoted the election of pro-REALTOR® candidates across the United States. The purpose of RPAC is clear: voluntary contributions made by REALTORS® are used to help elect candidates who understand and support their interests. These are not members’ dues; this is money given freely by REALTORS® in recognition of the importance of the political process. The REALTORS® Political Action Committee and other political fundraising are the keys to protecting and promoting the real estate industry.
RPAC looks to build the future by putting dollars in places that will help advance the interests of REALTORS®. RPAC is the only political group in the country organized for REALTORS® and run by REALTORS®.
RPAC contributions help:
- Ensure a vigorous and viable real estate industry;
- Protect private property rights by evaluating new and proposed legislation and regulations on how they will impact you, your clients, and your community.
- Advocate for tax reforms and reductions in burdensome regulations
- REALTORS® have a strong voice in new infrastructure investment and economic renewal policies, and in common-sense banking reforms such as the SAFE Banking Act.
Contributions to RPAC are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions are voluntary and are used for political purposes. The amounts indicated are merely guidelines and you may contribute more or less than the suggested amounts. The National Association of REALTORS® and its state and local associations will not favor or disadvantage any member because of the amount contributed or a decision not to contribute. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal. Your contribution is split between National RPAC and the State PAC in your state. Contact your State Association for information about the percentages of your contribution provided to National RPAC and to the State PAC. The National RPAC portion is used to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 52 U.S.C. 30116.
IMF | Issues Mobilization Fund
Issues Mobilization Funding is used by REALTOR® Associations to:
- Educate the public about the consequences of proposed real estate-related public policy.
- Mobilize public support for the REALTOR® position on public policy issues by conducting advocacy campaigns.